Office of Animal Care Management
The Office of Animal Care Management is directed by the University Veterinarian, who provides oversight and clinical care for animals utilized in University teaching and research activities. The Veterinarian serves on UVM's Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and participates in the review and monitoring of all proposed or ongoing animal use.
Staffing for the University's research animal facilities is provided by Priority One Services. Research personnel are welcome to email the Priority One Contract Manager or call (802) 656-1006 with questions or concerns.
Animal Care Resources
- UVM's IACUC
- Animal Welfare Act and Regulations
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
- American Association for Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare
- AVMA Guidelines for Euthanasia 2013
- Responsible Use of Animals in Research
The University of Vermont's program of animal care is accredited by AAALAC International.
Last modified May 26 2017 10:42 AM